What We Do
The NCLI Coalition’s long term goal is to establish effective, sustainable workgroups that will develop and implement action plans that will ultimately get Michigan kids outdoors and advance quality environmental education for teachers.
- Encourage exploration and play in the outdoors as part of a healthy lifestyle.
- Help enable establishment of access and opportunity for outdoor learning and play for all children.
- Prepare parents, care-givers and educators to be mentors and advocates for reconnecting children and nature.
- Work with community members, organizations, education institutions, businesses, planners and policy makers to identify and develop policies, programs, and places that encourage outdoor play, exploration and education.
- Provide opportunities for a coalition of agencies, organizations businesses and other interests to share knowledge and build partnerships in efforts related to children and nature.
Six work groups have been created to help execute Coalition goals and make our vision a reality. Learn more about the Michigan NCLI workgroups here.